After you’ve been dating someone for a while, the natural next step in a relationship is to move in together. But like any couple who has lived together knows, there’s going to be an adjustment period. Maybe he’s a little messier than you’re used to or maybe you like leaving your clothes everywhere and he throws a fit about it.
These little idiosyncrasies can become big problems if you don’t communicate about them. Just take it from a few people who absolutely hate living with their partners and are taking to Whisper to confess the reasons why.
1. You start to miss your own space.
2. One person is more easy-going than the other.
3. There’s nowhere to go when the truth comes out.
4. The kids don’t always get along.
5. Parents might not approve of you living together.
6. Sleeping arrangements are stressful.
7. Three can be a crowd.
8. You’re together all of the time.
9. You might be cleaner than he is.
10. Maybe you end up spending less time together.
11. The truth comes out.
12. You find yourselves in a rut.
13. It happened too soon.
14. You weren’t ready to live together.
15. Feeling like a stranger to the city.
16. Things get awkward.
17. You need your space too.
18. You pick up on little things.
19. There’s no backtracking.
20. Things get stale.
21. Long distance made the heart grow fonder.