There are many reasons why a woman might decide not to take birth control. Maybe she’s tired of the everyday pill or monthly shot in the arm, maybe she has a bad reaction everytime she tries to go on it, or maybe she’s ready to start a family. Whatever the reason, it isn’t always an easy subject to approach.
These women, for instance, are confessing to Whisper why they lied to their partners about being on birth control and the responses might just surprise you.
1. The timing wasn’t great.
2. She really wanted a baby.
3. She was ready to start a family.
4. It made her feel bad.
5. She was just tired of being on birth control.
6. She didn’t see a reason to.
7. She wanted commitment.
8. There were consequences.
9. The truth was too difficult.
10. She wanted to be pregnant.
11. It caused problems.
12. She likes to gamble.
13. She wanted to cash in.
14. She wants a baby.
15. Sometimes it’s just careless.
16. It doesn’t always work out.
17. She was searching for purpose.
18. She wanted reassurance.
19. She thought it was time.
20. It ended up okay after all.